GAIDA OPEN Call
March 15 – May 15
GAIDA Festival invites electronic music artists and/or audiovisual/digital art creators to submit their applications of new artistic projects for the selection to the Festival‘s program 2022:
- Applications are accepted from 15 March till 15 May 2022 by e-mail email@example.com
- Applications are open to the citizens of Lithuania and foreign countries, professionals of electronic music, audiovisual/digital arts – creators, artists, performers.
- Submitted application must contain and present artistic project(s) – work(s) of electronic music and/or audiovisual/digital art – that is suggested to be performed in the Festival‘s program. Duration of the suggested work(s) can be from ~30 to ~60 minutes.
- The Festival has no artistic restrictions for participants, thus every artist submitting his application is free to choose at his discretion any idea, theme, narrative or more abstract concept of his artistic work. Besides, artistic projects do not have to be related with just youth, energy, drive etc, as GO Call is open not only for young creators – all professional artists can apply without restrictions of age, race, gender.
- Proposed artistic project(s) must be created for live performance. If the proposed project involves only playing of the recording/tape or dj set, such a project will not be considered.
- If the artistic project is planned to be performed not by its author (only), then the author takes care of all needed performers and presents them in this application.
- Proposed artistic project(s) must be created not earlier than 2020 and must not have been performed in Vilnius before GAIDA Festival 2022. However, artistic project(s) can be still not completed / not entirely created at the time of this application but planned to be created by 15 September 2022, in which case it must be accompanied by all the material available at the time of the application, including particularly detailed description of the project, and audio and/or audiovisual recordings of previously created works.
- Various electronic music styles, types, technologies can be used (but not mandatory) in the musical part of artistic project (key words/subcategories: ambient, audiovisual, breakbeat, chill-out, computer music, contemporary electronics, digital art, drum‘n‘bass, dub, electroacoustic, electronica, experimental, glitch, hauntology, house, IDM, multimedia, noise, plunderphonics, technology art, live av, techno, video game music, visual music, vj-ing and etc.). However, the most important criteria for evaluating the projects will not be the style or technology, but the distinctiveness, originality and artistic quality of the work.
- Preliminary around five projects will be selected to be performed in the Festival depending on their duration, artistic specification, and other aspects.
- Provisional results of the selection are expected by 30 June 2022, the final GO Call programme will be announced no later than 1 October 2022 on the Festival’s website and social media.
- Answers with the results will be sent to the applicants on their e-mail addresses provided in the applications.
Please submit this application form of GO Call: